Moksha Yoga Studio 200 Hour Teacher Training Program
with founder, Cora Rosen and MYS Faculty
Sep 3rd-6th, 9-13th, 16th-18th, Sep 30th-Oct 4th, 7th-11th • Monday-Friday from 9-2pm each day
Study in the practice of yoga, and it’s teachings... Our extensive 200 hour Yoga teacher training and comprehensive studies program includes Vinyasa Yoga and Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, combined for a thorough and practical understanding of Yoga and it’s teachings. With the Sutra’s we will explore the outer level of consciousness all the way into the depths of our being. Included in the Sutra’s are the asanas,(yoga poses) which you will learn the classical and contemporary techniques from the best major systems such as Ashtanga, Iyengar, modern techniques such as yoga conditioning, restorative practices and more. These studies will assist you in cultivating a deeper understanding and connection to your personal practice as well as build confidence and gaining the preparation needed to be a well-rounded teacher.
MYS’s Teacher Training course will concentrate on Vinyasa yoga sequencing thru the classical foundations, teaching a yoga class effectively & safely, understanding the student and creating your own style of teaching. Techniques that will be used to accomplish this are a study of the body, anatomy and movement, pranayama and the science of breathing, how we use the breath to cultivate energy while quieting the heart mind relationship. Safe assisting instruction, either physical or verbal descriptions will be reviewed as well as the importance of props and modifications to be able to assist others safely through their practice. An introduction to Kundalini, the nadis, Sushumna nadis and the relationship to the chakras as well as learning the 3 doshas, and understanding how to cultivate this into your daily life. We will discuss teaching philosophy, ethics, proper sequencing, marketing and building your foundation as a teacher. All of this will take your Yoga and your self to the next level. By the end of the course, upon completion you will not only receive your 200 Teacher Certification approved by Yoga Alliance but a wealth of information, wisdom and insight to continue on your yogic journey with.
Through this program you will:
* Empower yourself and others
* Refine and deepen your own yoga practice and knowledge
* Deepen your understanding of asanas, technique, alignment, modifications and benefits
* Learn how to design effective classes and the importance of sequencing
* Develop well-rounded knowledge of yoga philosophy and lifestyle practices
* Gain experience through practice teaching
* Learn the business of Yoga
* Connect with others who are participating in this program
* With the completion of this course you will receive your Yoga Alliance 200 hr Teaching Certificate Pre-Course
* Must be a yoga practitioner for minimum of 1 year with a consistent practice.
*Complete Teacher Training Application and submit along with $150 application fee: Email firstname.lastname@example.org for application.
* Recommended reading and reference books:
“Light on Yoga”, B.K.S Iyengar; Schocken Books, New York
“The Tree of Yoga” , B.K.S. Iyengar; Shambala Books, Boston
“The Language of Yoga”, Nicolai Bachman; Sounds True, Boulder CO
“Anatomy of Hatha Yoga”, A Manual for Students, Teachers, and Practitioners, H. David Coulter; Body and Breath, Honesdale, PA
“ The Yoga of The Yogi”, The Legacy of T Krishnamacharya, Kausthub Desikachar; Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram, Chennai, India “Ashtanga Yoga”, The Practice Manual, David Swenson; Ashtanga Yoga Productions, Houston, Texas What’s
*Moksha Yoga Studio’s Comprehensive Teacher Training Manual
*Unlimited Yoga at Moksha Yoga Studio to satisfy course requirements
*1 Workshop at Moksha Yoga Studio
* Attendance of full course, absence or tardiness will have to be made up during next session.
* Self-practice hours: Must attend at least 2 classes a week for duration of training. (Signed sheet by instructor) * Supervised Class Observation Hours: Total of 10 classes, observation of at least three different styles taught at Moksha Yoga Studio
* Supervised Class Assist/Adjustment Hours: Completed after asana and assist review in class, and approved by instructors
* Completion of all assignments, papers as well as written and teaching exams
Payment options or as follows:
* Early Bird Tuition (paid in full by August 1st): $150 Registration Fee + $2550 Tuition = $2700
* Regular Tuition (paid in full up to 1 week before training): $150 Registration Fee + $2850 Tuition = $3000
* Payment Plan Tuition (paid monthly for 4 months, July-Oct): $150 Reg. Fee + $675 a month = $2850
*Payment Plan Tuition 2 (paid monthly for 5 months, June-Oct): $150 Reg. Fee + $450 a month = $2850
Faculty: CORA ROSEN, Founder and Director of Moksha Yoga Studio has been practicing yoga for 20+ years and teaching for over 16. Cora not only facilitates teacher trainings but also teaches group classes incorporating intelligent and invigorating sequencing, good music and calming energy but specializes in working one on one. She works with professional athletes, celebrities and the local community using yoga as a tool to help address, assess and work through physical injuries and imbalances and foster a greater sense of awareness, healing and balance in the body and mind. Cora strives to bring yoga into everyday life by doing, evolving and truly living it, allowing peace and joy to flourish within and spread to others! Other instructors from the Moksha Yoga Studio family will also be involved in teaching/assisting in this course.
Click here to pay application fee or register for course! Once you pay application fee, an email with application will be sent.